Monday, July 26, 2010

Tournament Report - 7/24/10 - Flamvellsworn

Hey guys, it's GuitarSlam,

As promised, I'm posting up my tournament report for this past weekend. It was a 5 round tourney with a top 8 playoff. As the title indicates, I used Flamvellsworn. I wanna tell you how I did right now, but then you may not read the article :P

Round 1 - Frognarchs

This kid was really cocky (he always is though, what did I expect?). He told me how he couldn't lose to Lightsworns once he saw what I was playing (did I mention he was cocky?). He's a few years younger than I am but I've gotta admit, he's not a bad duelist. He's just plain annoying.

Game 1 - I start off with Solar Recharge to get the milling going. I believe I set a Ryko and pass. He beings the typical Frognarch stuff with Swap Frog and Treeborn. Over the next few turns he starts the Monarch stuff, getting in a Caius and a Raiza. Due to Honests he's down to 3800 lp. I summon Judgment Dragon, nuke the field, summon Aurkus and attack for game.

Game 2 - He wrecked me. I didn't draw particularly well and he got out 3 Raiza on consecutive turns. I was forced to scoop quickly...

Game 3 - This one was more back-and-fourth. We each kept hitting each other for a bit of damage here, a bit of damage there. Unfortunately for me, he got out a Caius the turn before I was going to Celestia for game and I lost :( I can accept losing, but it's pain to lose to a overly cocky kid.

0-1

Round 2 - Light Oppression Stall?

This was easily my weirdest matchup of the day. He was running a lot of stall cards and light monsters that could be boosted by Honest. As the ultimate kicker, his main card was Wattgiraffe (I know what you're thinking. The card's better than it sounds).

Game 1 - I couldn't do anything. Solemn, Dark Bribe, Oppression, and Honest wrecked me. I couldn't believe what I had just lost to.

Game 2 - Same as game 1. I gained a lot of respect for the deck and for the player. It's a really weird deck but if you know how to run it, it shuts down everything that it goes up against.

0-2

Round 3 - Dark Beat Down

Kind of part dark synchro, part dark beat down. I don't know how to classify this exactly.

Game 1 - I used Celestias and Judgments the way they were supposed to be used. Royal Decree really hurt this guy. He didn't have anything to stop my big plays.

Game 2 - Same as game 1. Opening hand of Decree, Recharge (mill Wulf), Celestia, and JD kills people pretty quickly.

1-2

Round 4 - Blackwings

This kid was the brother of the kid that I played in Round 1. This kid was a lot less cocky and overall more enjoyable to play against.

Game 1 - I synchroed into Stardust early and protected him. Royal Decree stopped Icarus once he Kaluted over Stardust. I won after a little bit.

Game 2 - Celestia and Judgment win games. Simple as that.

2-2

Round 5 - Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode

This guy was fairly cool. We talked a little bit after the match but that was it.

Game 1 - My early Decree protected his own Firedogs for when they synchroed into Stardust. After a Colossal Fighter (thanks to Rekindling) and a Judgment Dragon, I won with little difficulty.

Game 2 - He must have pulled crap during the duel because he was playing defensive the entire time. Then when he finally made an offensive push late in the duel I had Mirror Force :P

3-2

I didn't end up making top 8 ('tis the breaks when you lose your first 2 matches). It's alright though, because I was able to watch tton in t8, t4, and the finals! He ended up getting 2nd place, congrats to him :D

Well I hope you guys enjoyed reading about my semi-fail tournament. My deck worked well at times and showed some inconsistencies at others. All-in-all, I'm still satisfied with the day.

See you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment