Sunday, September 12, 2010

Locals Report - 9/11/2010 - Machina

Hey guys, it's GuitarSlam,

Sorry about the one month break from blogging. Once I got back from vacation I was just so relieved that I kinda forgot about putting up new content, but I'm back now and I intend to continue making blog posts. So let's get back into the trend of local reports!

As the title says this is the report for my local that happened this weekend. This local was very interesting for me, as it happened to be the first time that I've ever won the tournament! Yep, that's right, I finally broke through getting 2nd and 3rd by actually winning the whole thing! Well, you guys will read about that in a second.

I had never ran Machina before yesterday when I randomly decided to make up the deck since I had the cards lying around. I tested it about 3 times, made a couple changes and then went to locals today. Enjoy the reading!

Round 1: Machina vs. Lockdown (Pacman style)

Game 1: Messanger of Peace +
The Dark Door = I had 6 cards in my deck at the end of the duel... I managed to Monster Reborn my Gale (uber tech), synchro for Black Rose, and bomb field. Then special summon a Fortress, use Limiter Removal and hit for game.

Game 2: Same kind of lock down as game 1 but I beat him down with Grand Mole : D He couldn't stop the Grand Mole abuse and I won.

1-0

Round 2: Machina vs. Quickdraw

Game 1: He wasn't able to get out his synchros fast enough and I overran his tokens with Gadgets. A well timed Fortress and Force combo won the game.

Game 2: I didn't draw anything... it was really sad. He just killed me quickly. Quick game.

Game 3: It was a really close, with him at 4000 and myself at 2700. At the end when I had no backrow he top decks a
Dark Hole, summons Lonefire, tibs for Tytannial and attacks for game. Oh well, it was close.

1-1

Round 3: Machina vs. X-Sabers

Game 1: I opened well with a Gearframe and some backrow. I hurt him whenever he tried to do something productive I had an answer. I won.

Game 2: Rinse and repeat game 1. He did get Hyunlai out but it didn't matter. I was able to respond to anything he did. He got really mad at me but whatever. I win : P

2-1

Round 4: Machina vs. Amazoness

Game 1: Too much Machina swarm. Fortress, Fortress, Gearframe, and Smashing Grounds. Get wrecked.

Game 2: The exact same thing as game 1 (have you noticed this trend?). I found out how much the Amazoness guy hates Machina. He's typically a nice guy but he wouldn't shake my hand after the match and everything. He later apologized but I still feel he acted a bit foolish.

3-1

Round 5: Machina vs. Light Control (run by uber Cocky Guy)

Game 1: I Trap Holed his
Wattgiraffe, played around his Honests, and he couldn't recover. I won with the typical Fortress play.

Game 2: This was a very close duel. We were each down to under 1000 LP and he top decked
Dark Hole. Ugh... I lost this way twice today...

Game 3: God is he cocky... he kept telling me how he drew the perfect hand to defeat me. Trap Hole his Wattgiraffes and Smash his Honests and he auto loses. I just wrecked him and all he could say is how he couldn't pull what he needed... sure, keep telling yourself that.

4-1

Top 8: Machina vs. Monarchs

Game 1: Machina swarm at its finest. He set up his Treeborn early but he still couldn't gain advantage due to all my Bottomlesses. I won in about 4 turns.

Game 2: He used Battle Faders to stall for a while but no Treeborn early hurts. It was a quick win, he complained about not being able to draw his important cards. Man, I played a lot of annoying people today... oh well, it is what it is.

5-1

Top 4: Machina vs. X-Sabers

Game 1: He had a lot of back row constantly so I played conservatively with Gadgets and Grand Mole. A well timed
Mirror Force wouldn't allow him to gain advantage over me. I won.

Game 2: I swarmed early and set up my protection. He was able to clear my field of all my Machinas and get me down to about 2000 LP but I got some of my field presence back with Gadgets. At the end when I attacked for game he activated
Mirror Force but Dark Bribe shut him down : D

6-1

Finals: Machina vs. Machina

Game 1: He got out double
Solidarity and proceeded to beat me down to 2200 LP. I managed to turn the game around when he attacked me with 2 Fortresses. I played D-Prison on 1 and Booked the other. Next turn I set up a bit and ended. He flipped his Fortress and I Trap Holed it (Trap Hole ftw!). Then I used Solemn Warning on his Monster Reborn and he couldn't come back. I won.

Game 2: He Machina swarmed me. After such an epic 1st game, it kinda sucked to get wrecked so quickly in the next game.

Game 3: I opened with a Gearframe,
Scrap Recycler, and a Royal Oppression. I summoned Gearframe, searched Fortress, pitch it and Recycler, equipped Fortress with Gearframe, set Oppression, Book of Moon, and Bottomless. Oppression 100% won me the game. He couldn't do anything and I had already set up my field. It was a quick and amazing win.

7-1

So thank you guys for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. As I said before I'm really happy that I finally won the tournament after all of these times attending.

See you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment